Monday, April 30, 2007

The Changing Face of Government


The first time, Bitange Ndemo, Information and Communication PS responded to an article I had sent to the KICTANet mailing list, I could not believe it. I thought someone else was doing it on his behalf.

After all, we are used to government officers who are such strident followers of protocol that even responding to straight forward questions is a problem. Clarifying issues is for them, a tortuous task from hell. So, for me to read from a Permanent Secretary explaining how I had left out vital points or misconstrued facts was amazing. He did not condemn, only clarified. He also encouraged dialogue, invited list members to ask, and he answered promptly.

Rebecca Wanjiku impressed by PS Ndemo's accessibility to wananchi. Read the rest here.